All the Zambian immigration permits
More and more business owners are seeking to expand their companies within Africa. If you plan on venturing off with your business or build an extended branch then Zambia is a fine country to grow your establishment and you will need to look at the various Zambian immigration permits to choose the correct way forward.
Types of work permits in Zambia
• Application must be made at the Zambian Immigration Authority in Lusaka.
• We will prep the application in South Africa thereafter, the documentation will be sent to Zambia via courier where our partner there will personally submit the application.
• The applicant is not allowed to be present in the country whilst the work permit is still being processed; the only exception is if the applicant is working for the Zambian Government.
• As soon as the work permit is issued, the applicant can then make their journey to Zambia on the entry visa where the permit will be issued upon arrival.
• The time taken to process the working permit is up to 15 working days.
• We need to place an advert in the local newspaper and allow it to run for 3 weeks
• We will submit unsuccessful applicant’s reasons why their application was unsuccessful.
• The application must be made at the Zambian Immigration Authority in Lusaka.
• We will prepare the application in South Africa and then courier it to our partner in Zambia who will personally submit the application.
• The applicant may not be present within the country whilst waiting for the permit to be processed, the only exception is if the applicant is working for the Zambian Government.
• Once the work permit is issued, the applicant can then make their way to Zambia on the entry visa where the permit will be issued upon arrival.
• The time taken to process the permit is 30 working days.
• Zambian authorities may request a site inspection of the work premises, if this occurs the application may take duration of 2 months to process.
If the applicant applies via our partner in Zambia the costs will be higher as this will cover management and fees facilitating payroll, payslips, professional indemnity, personal liability insurance, and the paying of tax and social securities. The applicant can choose to open a personal bank account within Zambia or they can continue to use their expat account.
In the event that AFGRI applies for the work permit via an entity nominated within Zambia by the applicant or the Ministry of Agriculture decides to directly employ the applicant, we can still facilitate insurance and payroll.
Other Zambian visas include:
• Diplomatic visa
• Business visa
• Visitor visa
Zambia is a growing “Third World” economy with ample opportunity for companies to enter and prosper, with good profitability earned if tackling real customer challenges.