Tanzanian Immigration Permits
If you’re thinking of exploring a lucrative business venture, or simply expanding your business into Africa, then Tanzania has lots to offer. From major sectors such as telecommunications, IT, energy and real estate, to logistics and agriculture, you can find something worth investing in. Tanzanian immigration permits exist for anything anyone wants to do in the country.
Tanzania has several options for work and residence and it is subject to the industry they choose that will determine the type of visa and requirements. The Tanzanian STP (Short Term Permit) and residence permit are short term Tanzanian immigration permits. It was introduced in November 2015, replacing the Carried Temporary Assignment (CTA).
Work and Residence Permits for Tanzania
STP (Short Term Permit) and residence permit
• Applicant must apply for this permit once in the country.
• We prefer that the applicant is in the country while the STP is submitted because this option is easier. The applicant can enter the country on a Business visa which will be overseen by us.
• The application will be prepared by us, thereafter we will arrange for it to be couriered, or our partner can meet with the applicant in order to collect the documentation.
• Our partner will then submit the STP at the Department of labour
• The time taken to process the STP is about 4-8 weeks which will be valid for 6 month and can be renewed 3 times within the country.
• As soon as the STP is approved, it will be submitted by our partners for a residence permit.
• The residence permit is valid for 2 years and by law both must be applied for by the applicant.
• It will take an estimate of 4-8weeks to process the resident permit.
• The applicant is allowed to work whilst they wait for the residence permit.
Work and residence permit
- Everything in the application process is virtually the same as that of the STP only the applicant waits up to 8-10 weeks for the process.
- It is valid for 2 years and can be renewed.
- To receive the permit takes an estimate 4-8 weeks.
- Just as with the STP the applicant is permit to work in the country whilst waiting to receive their residence permit.
Since the country’s elections for their new president, government began tightening their reins on the inflow of foreign workers. It is important that the applicant is aware of the fact that only candidates that possess rare skills or is found to be exceptional for the post will be considered. Government fees for the work and residence permit have increased in cost since last November.
Other visas include:
• Ordinary visas – is valid for 3 months with exception for those who are members of the EAC countries, in which it will be 6 months.
• Transit visas – valid for a short stay of 14 days
• Multiple entry visas – this visa is usually valid for 3, 6 or 12 months. Each stay may not exceed 3 months.
• Gratis visas – only used for diplomatic staff.
All these Tanzanian immigration permits are possible through the immigration services of Visafrican.