Rwandan immigration permits made easy
Rwanda is a beautiful African country located in the African Lakes Region. It offers lots of potential for business investments and various sectors such as trade, manufacturing, tourism and more.
Visas and permits
Rwanda offers 2 types of work visas.
• Valid for 3 months and can be extended once
• Applicant must apply for an entry visa to Rwanda which is valid for 30 days and we will assist the application process.
• Documentation will have to be translated into French by a sworn translator
• As soon as the applicant arrives into the country, they will have only 15 days to apply for a visa within a different category.
• If the applicant fails to apply within the 15 day period for another visa, they will be liable to a fine for each day exceeding the 15 day mark.
• This visa is only valid for 90 days and thus suitable for short term working projects. It is renewable for another 90 days.
• Our partner in Rwanda will submit the special pass application and the time to processes is 1 week.
• This permit is dependent on the industry in which the applicant is applying for or the applicants’ work title in the industry.
• It is valid for 2 years
• The applicant must apply for an entry visa to Rwanda and then have 15 days to apply for a visa within a different category, if fail to do so the applicant will be liable to pay a fine.
• Once the application has arrived in Rwanda our partners will lodge the work permit application at the Immigration Directorate.
• We will prepare the documentation prior to the applicants’ departure to Rwanda,
• It can take up to 4 weeks to process.
If the work permit is applied for by our partner entity in Rwanda, the costs incurred will be higher as management services will apply. A fee will be charged to manage the following, payroll, payslips, taxes, professional indemnity, personal liability insurance, and social securities.
In the event AFGRI decides to apply for the work permit under an entity nominated by the applicant, or if the Ministry of Agriculture decides to directly employ the applicant, we will still be able to facilitate the payroll and insurance.
Other visas to Rwanda include:
• Entry visa (V1), Crew pass (V2), Visitors pass (VP)
• Tourist visa (Q-1 Transit visa)
• Tourist visa – (T1 Tourist), (T2 Tourist), (T3 Family), (T4 Official diplomat), (T5 Job search), (T6 conference), (T7 Business), (T8 Medical treatment), (T9 Group tourist), (T10 Itinerant business person), (T11 Bridging), (T12 East Africa tourist visa)
Visafrican can assist with almost any visa or immigration permit into the country. Rwanda has a complicated system for foreigners to navigate, yet we can help you obtain most Rwandan immigration permits for you or your business.