Immigration to Namibia explained
Namibia is a beautiful country, full of history, attractions and fantastic business prospects in various major sectors. For those seeking to work and reside within the country virtually pursue immigration to Namibia, then the necessary permits are needed in order to do so. The country offers quality medical facilities as well as schools and tertiary institutes. There are also many things to see and do whilst visiting the country.
Immigrants and expats entering the country should always ensure that all travel documentation is in order to be certain that an efficient entry process is possible and to avoid any disputes with officials and government authorities. Stringent rules and regulations are in place to secure safety and legal procedures when it comes to entering the country.
Namibia has the following permits and visa options:
Visa regulations are not the same as that of permits for immigrations. The following pertains to information you will need deciding on your options for immigration to Namibia.
• 30 days maximum is permitted per year for Business Visitors (Business Visitors – is the term used for business visitors who will not be working in the country nor be receiving remuneration from a Namibian company for their services rendered)
• 90 days maximum is permitted per year for Tourist Visitors
Visas for the above mentioned titles can be extended and applications for extension should be made at the Ministry of Home Affairs. Visitors are not allowed to travel within the country without a Transit Visa; this may also be obtained by the Ministry of Home Affairs.
• Foreign nationals require a valid passport and it is only valid for 6 months from the date of entry into the country. A return or onward travel ticket and financials are required.
• If a passport or visa expires the foreign national will not be allowed to remain within the country.
• Visas are not required for certain country nationals
• Permanent Residence Permits can be applied for through the Chief of Immigrations. Applicants will only be granted a permanent residence permit if they meet the regulations established by the Immigrations Selection Board.
• Applicants may only work within Namibia with an Employment Permit which is issued by the Chief of Immigrations.
• The Chief of Immigrations may also grant a Student Permit to applicants who wants to study in the country and meet the requirements
Contact Visafrican today and let us assist you with all your travel arrangements for your immigration to Namibia endevours.