Immigration to Mozambique
The diversity of Mozambique not only showcases its splendour amongst locals and all the wonderful attractions it has to offer, but also amongst entrepreneurs and individuals looking to start or extend their business within the country. There is also a good amount of international schools within the country which is great for expat and immigrant children. Immigration to Mozambique entails choosing one of around six main visa types and an arduous permit application process.
The country’s major sectors include forestry, fishing and agriculture with its main exports being tobacco, sugar, timber, nuts and fish. Investment opportunities are available in all major sectors as well as oil and gas, tourism, transportation, IT, hospitality and real estate. Correctly applying for immigration to Mozambique allows one to pursue any of these industries.
Visas and permits
• The process of obtaining a work permit for Mozambique requires the individual to be present within the country in order to do so. The Work Visa is valid for 12 to 24 months at most.
• The applicant first has to apply for the work visa within their country of origin by the Mozambican Embassy. The time taken to process this visa will be 48 hours. After the Work Visa is issued it will be valid for 30 days and allows the applicant entry into the country and commence work.
• The applicant is thus able to enter the country on the work visa and able to apply for the work permit.
• After the Labour department grants the applicant the Work Permit (QUOTA), the -time taken to process will be around 7-15 working days.
• The applicant will need to apply for the Residence Permit (DIRE) as soon as he/she enters the country and this will take an estimate of 30-45 working days to process.
• The Residence Permit (DIRE) will be valid for 1 year and is renewable.
• To apply for the Business Visa the applicant must have an official invitation letter from the company employing them. The letter must also state type of business conducted, company address and be signed and addressed to the Mozambique Consulate.
• The letter must have proof of where the individual will stay and that the company in Mozambique will accommodate the applicant.
• The letter will also clearly state if it’s a multiple entry visa or 1 yr visa as well as the fee required.
• Must have the Entry Visa in order to apply for the Tourist Visa
• Must have proof of accommodation as well as return flight ticket
Other visas include:
Some applicants may qualify for the following visas as well:
• Volunteer visa
• Official visa
• Diplomatic and courtesy visa
• Visit visa
We handle all visa types to Mozambique and can often assist with a power of attorney without the client or business representative being present. Get a quote or advice on how to proceed from us right away.