Immigration to Mauritius
Mauritius is one of Africa’s most visited destinations with an exotic and divers population of around 1.2million people and an abundance of beautiful displays of Mother Nature at her finest such as Le Morne Brabant a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Black River Gorges a beautiful national park home to various indigenous species, Pamplemousses Botanical Garden and Champ De Mars Race Course. The beauty is matched by fantastic business terms (e.g. tax) and immigration to Mauritius has grown considerably.
Apart from Mauritius being a beautiful country, it is also home to some of the friendliest people; it offers great health standards, good governance, economic stability and great public service. Needless to say, there are also great opportunities to invest within the country in various major sectors and immigration to Mauritius is thriving.
Obtaining the necessities needed to immigrate such as visas and permits is crucial and should be done properly in order to enjoy efficient transition and peace of mind during the process. Contact Visafrican today and let us assist you to take the first step towards immigration!
The following information pertains to permit and visa requirements for Mauritius.
• Visa applications can be made within the foreign national’s home country or at Air Mauritius Office or at the Passport and Immigration Office
• Completion of visa application
• 2 Passport photos
• Copy of passport
• Copy of residence permit where applicable
• Same documentation should be supplied as that of visa along with sponsor letter from the company employing the applicant.
An estimate of 5 working days will be taken to process the visa and the decision will be made by the Immigration Officer at the port of entry into Mauritius.
For immigration applications:
• Application must possess a valid passport
• Must have return ticket to their home country or onward travel ticket
• Have proof of adequate funds to stay in the country – minimum $100 USD per night
• Must have proof of accommodation
• Must have invitation letter
• Sponsor’s profession as well as utility bill
Immigrants who do not possess a work permit cannot engage in work and be paid for services rendered.
The work permit will allow foreign nationals to legally work in the country and earn an income thereof.
• Completed application form
• 2 passport photos of applicant
• Passport copy
• Sponsorship letter from the company employing applicant
• Evidence that the work permit has been applied for
Applicant must comply with said regulations pertaining dependants.
At Visafrican we constantly handle immigration and visas to Mauritius – please get in touch to find out more and start the process.