Immigration to Ethiopia – a brief guide
Once only recognised by the rest of the world as a food deprived country, Ethiopia now stands strong and driven to implement and improve the country’s primary sectors as well as expand and create diversity within other sectors. Ethiopia has become a promising country for lucrative investment opportunities and even for those seeking to work abroad and experience new cultures and diversity. The following pertains to permits and visas for the country.
Register for courier service
All foreign nationals are required to register online for a courier service provided by either DHL before making the trip before further progressing with the immigration procedures.
• Upon arrival at interview at the consular, applicants must bring proof by producing a copy of the courier registration “Register for Courier Confirmation Page”.
• During the registration a DHL pick up point for all visa documentation must be selected in either Addis or Ababa
Foreign entrepreneurs are allowed to employ foreign nationals seeking work within the country. Read more about this option in our business services section.
• 4 copies of application form from the company employing the applicant
• Letter from organisation overseeing government organisations
• Passport photos of the person being employed
• If the applicant is going to be ,working in the health or education industries, they should provide support letters from the said departments
• Certificates of education
• Fees to process
• 4 copies of application from company employing the applicant
• Official investment certificate from the Investment Agency or the business licence from the Ministry of Trade, or trade licence of the particular organisation if the HR is outside Ethiopia.
• Valid business visa as well as copy of passport
• If the applicant is going to be, working in the health or education industries, they should provide support letters from the said departments
• Education certificate
• Fees required
• Copy of registration form from the organisation employing the individual
• Proof of registration certificate from the Charities and Societies Agency
• Letters of support from Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Disaster Prevention and Preparedness, as well as the Ministry of Health, or Education should accompany the applicant if they are going to work within these sectors
• Support letters from associated organisations
• Certificate of education
• Associated fees
• Associated photos
• Tourist visa
• Business Visa
• Student visas
For any assistance with any visas or immigration to Ethiopia, contact Visafrican right away.